WHERE IT ALL BEGAN
Rosemont Country Club was founded in 1920 as an association known as the Montrose Club, and shortly thereafter a clubhouse was built along with a nine hole golf course. In 1930 the original clubhouse was destroyed by fire and the golf professional's house was utilized as a temporary clubhouse until a new facility could be constructed.
In 1936 the Montrose Club was incorporated on a not-for-profit basis and granted a charter by the State of Ohio. The Montrose Club Board of Directors established an operating entity in 1941 called Rosemont Country Club and later recast as an association.
Interest in building a new clubhouse drove the club to sell the valuable property fronting on West Market Street and relocate the clubhouse and 4 holes of the golf course to much improved facilities across Cleveland-Massillon Road, with access to connect the new facilities with the remainder of the golf course. Many months of planning, hard work and long meetings with the Board of Directors, City officials, and developers produced the long-standing dream of the beautiful new Rosemont Country Club that opened in 1992.
In recognition of the efforts of the Board of Directors and members of Rosemont Country Club and Montrose, Inc., Peter M. Kostoff, Mayor of the City of Fairlawn, proclaimed June 13, 1992 as "Rosemont Country Club and Montrose, Inc. Day" in Fairlawn and urge the officials, residents, and business community to salute them on the completion of their elegant new facility and with them many years of enjoyment and success in Fairlawn.
2020 marks the 100th anniversary of Rosemont Country Club. For almost a century, Rosemont has striven to provide it's members, their families and guests with recreation and refuge from the stresses of daily life in the environs of beautiful Fairlawn. Rosemont is a Club with a storied past and a bright future.